10 February 2007

Out of the Cocoon

I wanted to wait a few days before saying anything about this week's big story about teh gays in the NBA. At first, I was surprised by his announcement, but then he's always been a bit of a surprise. I mean, here you have a man born in 1908 who died in '93 and he still managed to average 6.2 points and 2.6 boards over his career. Actually, at 6'10", those numbers are probably best explained by being dead.

Anyway, I had to look on imdb to find it, but sure enough...it was his character Mortimer Duke who believed in genetics more than environment.

Joking aside, John Amaechi's wikipedia entry is really busy right now. Scumbags come in and vandalize it - when I went a few minutes ago it had a section titled "faggot" - and then a decent human being comes and repairs it. Shame we can't track down the physical locations of the vandals' IPs and "have a little talk" about. While I won't go so far as to call Amaechi a hero for coming out after he's retired (and with a book to peddle,) it's still a courageous stand considering the rampant homophobia of the immature, sheltered kids who play ball. Perhaps the little pussies mocking him would like to do it to his face. I'll even get them a stepstool so they can look straight into his eyes before they shit themselves in fear.

0 comments: