31 May 2006

Technical Recruiters Crack me Up

I just received an email from some recruiter who most likely found my resume on Monster or Dice. I keep meaning to pull those resumes, but being so lazy, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Besides, it provides opportunities for high humor like this. The subject, I think, says it all:
Jr. Java Developers


And, just for good measure, here's the first graph:
If you are still available and are interested ih[sic] the following job,send me your updated resume. We have the foll requirement in Boston, MA
To which I so graciously replied.
Shawn,

I'm not currently available or looking for contract work out of state, but more importantly...how on earth could you read my resume and try to marry it with a Jr. Java Developer position? You might want to reexamine it, and the criteria and metrics by which you evaluate talent.

Cheers!
Richard Porter

Gosh, I hope Shawn gets back to me. Sure it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but I could use some cheap laughs this week.

0 comments: