05 November 2007

Seek wisdom of constitutional intelligence or you die EVIL

I'm home sick today but trying to be productive nonetheless, doing a page one rewrite on my HIMYM spec because, well, it wasn't good enough for Disney-ABC. After that, it's time to finally stop delaying on my 30 Rock and just break the shit out of that story. I have about two-thirds of that floating about in my head and really just need to get some act breaks in order to pound it out.

However, I've been meaning to blog on this book and its proposals for awhile, so I thought I'd drop a short post out here and let people savor the Time Cube aspects of what Larry J. Sabato has to say. In particular, please check out his "23 Proposals to Revitalize the US Constitution" and comment away. I'll have more to say in the next day or two.

It shouldn't take anyone very long to figure out all the ways in which "the founder and director of the renowned Center for Politics at the University of Virginia" doesn't frakin' understand the American system. It also shouldn't be difficult to determine why it's both apropos and absolutely insane that he be at UV.

Bonus points to anyone who can guess three of my favorite five founding fathers and why. Ah hell. That's too tough. Here's my list:

  • John Adams
  • Aaron Burr
  • Alexander Hamilton
  • James Madison
  • John Marshall
Franklin only barely doesn't make it. If I had to pull one of the others off for Franklin's benefit, it would be Burr. And yes. It bothers me. Franklin was the only one to tell Congress to bite his shiny, metal ass if they wouldn't outlaw slavery. He was a hero. Not to mention the fact that without his keen diplomatic abilities getting us French assistance, that hack of a General from Virginia would have lost the whole affair for us.

0 comments: