04 April 2008

Friday Night Sketch War: Round Nine

We've got an interesting battle this week. Back from the brink of doom (probably after making a Mephistophelian deal) Michael is firing on all cylinders. Red's got a new home on the web, but didn't join in the festivities. David channeled his inner Sondheim. It was a slugfest out there today...

  • Michael launched an early salvo on Thursday, setting off EM devices in the atmo...
  • Coyote scrambled bombers out of a secret Antarctic base while Crystal Palace struggled to come back online...
  • Michael fired rail guns from orbit, leveling Cleveland and Minsk...
  • David launched every missile out of every attack-hardened silo, leaving the Earth a smoking cinder.
There was a lot of pain, crying, and gnashing of teeth today. We lost a lot of good people (and a lot of deadwood too...nukes and railguns are indiscriminate.) Hapkido, shotguns, fisticuffs, and song were the weapons of choice this week, my good readers. Go forth and be amused.

3 comments:

Red said...

Sorry I missed out on the fun! Don't think anything I could have come up with would have topped the post from David. That was awesome. But, I'll be bringing the heat next Friday, since I was obviously missed!

R.A. Porter said...

I know. He's a bastard, coming over the top of some very solid entries from me and Michael. Very rude!

Red said...

I'm hoping you all have used up your creative juices for this month and that it'll be a slam dunk for me next week, a similar slam dunk to what the Memphis players have been doing to UCLA today! Go Tigers!