16 February 2007

I Hate the Old

Reason #217 why the old should just shuffle off this mortal coil:

The children of Troon will continue to attend nearby schools. And thanks to a loophole in Arizona law, the grown-ups of Troon will continue to avoid paying property taxes in those districts, which makes officials in the districts less than mirthful.

That's awesome. Keep your tax money so you can line your coffin; hopefully you'll be getting in it real soon now!

Patrick Flynn - who completely by coincidence is president of a homeowners association in unincorporated Troon - led the move to create a school district without schools (though there are children) in order to save a few hundred dollars a year. Good for him. And fuck those young people moving into his town with their children. He got his, now they can get theirs.

One can only hope some poorly educated youngin' jacks his car one day because a decent public education wasn't available. Or better still, maybe he'll just keel over on the golf course. Then I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a Republican (perhaps soon to convert to Libertarian), and I hate taxes.
But these fuckers cross the line.
I'm with ya, they should make themselves useful and become worm food.
Hurry the hell up about it.

R.A. Porter said...

Wow. I didn't expect you to be on my side with this one. I guess I'm not too crazy to be pissed about this.

What kills me, is they could just move 30 miles west to Sun City or Sun City West and I'd be on their side. It's one thing to segregate yourself in an age-restricted community and not want to have higher taxes for education, but these cheap fuckers want it both ways: they want young families around to keep the property values high (through property turnaround and high desirability), but they want to fuck over those same families with education costs.

I'm not sure they'd make good worm food though...parasites don't provide a lot of protein.