21 February 2007

Can you bounce the server?

I'm not fond of most of the people where I work. In fact, I only like two of the ~200 people here and tolerate about a half-dozen more. Then, there are the few I actively despise. It's a special kind of person who can engender that much bile in me, but sadly not a rare kind of person. And I've got one of these working directly with me!

We hired a ridiculously junior engineer last year when our team was larger. She was to be the responsibility of a junior-mid who would in turn be mine. Turns out that while his skills were mid, his maturity was definitely junior: he bailed for a job where he can play with Ruby and I was left with the idiot. And she is an idiot, let there be no doubts.

Her "solution" to most of her problems is to have me bounce our JMS server. It doesn't solve any problems, but it seems to assuage her momentarily. A week or two ago, she came to me and my friend - flustered, frazzled, upset - unable to understand why her changes weren't being reflected in an app she was testing. She'd set breakpoints and they'd be skipped by the debugger, the code just kept behaving the same no matter what. She was modifying a file in a different application.

This is my life here in the Valley of the Sun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah but man
Look at those TITS!