12 August 2007

WB Application Is Off

Put together and offed* the application for the WB Writers Workshop today. It's super convenient, meeting as it does every Wednesday night for 15 weeks in LA, but we decided to find a way to make it work if I get it. Hey, what's the worst that happens? The control freak who thinks she runs HR at my office gets her panties in a bunch when I take off midday on Wednesday? Hell, that's just an added bonus.

Course, I'm not feeling particularly confident about my submission. I got some great feedback on the spec from one of my fellow Sitcom-Roomers, but instead of incorporating any of it this week, I kept banging my head against the wall with my 30 Rock. Then yesterday was errand-filled. That left me today and I came up short. I made some formatting changes and some smaller structural changes, but I couldn't make some of the bigger thematic changes the story needs. Oh well.

I still think that it's a pretty good spec and gives me a decent shot at both WB and Disney, but I'll feel a lot better when it gets another pass and I've got that damn 30 Rock banged out. Then the agent hunt begins in earnest.


* Yah, it feels like I killed it. At least I killed a bunch of trees printing it.

0 comments: