30 November 2006

Gopher Broke: Monson Season Over

INT. BASKETBALL ARENA
An athletic, dark-haired man in his late 30s paces the sidelines in a small, empty fieldhouse, talking on a cellphone. It should be a bit chunky, from the late-90s. He's dressed in a polo shirt and sweats, with a whistle still around his neck.

DAN
No. No. We've got to strike while the iron is hot. I've done all I can do here. I've gotta make my move while I'm a commodity
AGENT
I hear ya, Dan. We're getting a lot of interest from the big boys. This little run of yours is really impressing a lot of folks. If you can just avoid embarrassing yourselves against Florida this week I can get you a deal.
DAN
Florida? With that hairplug-wearing tool? We'll beat 'em, no problem.
AGENT
Well, if you can do that, I can probably get you the Minny job.
DAN
That would be right up my alley. I mean, this place is fine and all, but our 15 minutes are just about up. No one can build a big-time program out here. I just feel bad for poor Mark. He'll probably be stuck here for the rest of his life.

***
Ah, poor, poor Dan.

0 comments: