30 May 2007

Ah, the Irony

While it is not the position of the government of South Africa or the ruling ANC party, I still find a great deal of irony in a South African trade union campaigning for a boycott of Israel. I'm not in support of the homeland's current tactics and certainly don't support her stance on the Palestinian problem; however, South Africa? Boycotting Israel? The same Israel that continued to trade with South Africa even after the Reagan-Thatcher axis finally agreed to sanctions and divestiture to help bring about an end to Apartheid? That Israel?

Note to SA: don't be hypocrites. If Israel was good enough to buy weapons from, helping you keep 80% of your population disenfranchised, she's good enough to sell diamonds to, helping them deny Palestinian statehood.

Quick poll: did I pump up the sarcasm enough? I'm having a rough week, so my gauges are a little off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SA should freakin' DONATE diamonds to Israel so they can fully develope a particle beam satellite and end the Palestinian problem clean & quick.

Palestine a "nation" what a joke.

Oh, none of this is directed at you.

Anonymous said...

Oh crap, correction:
"so they can" should be "to help them" really as in to help fund.

I can't do a damn thing in a hurry, always bugger it up.

There, just opened myself up.