17 May 2007

Pissing and Moaning Curmudgeon

Crap! I can't find the forest! I'm surrounded by trees and they're blocking my view.

I like Warren Ellis's work usually. And he's a fun little curmudgeon. Sort of like if Alan Moore blogged and didn't refuse to work for Marvel and DC. But he can also be quite the tool. In two blog entries today, published about a half hour apart, he posted:

So...sure Hoskins was genius in TLGF. It was an excellent film, and should certainly be seen and appreciated, but no one complains when someone puts on Pygmalion. Why are films so sacrosanct? I know, I know. Film is "eternal" and live theater is transient. So? No one complained about Branagh's Hamlet. Hell, few complained about Gibson's. What? Wasn't Olivier's good enough? Or were those films produced by "HOLLYWOOD SELLOUT PILES OF WALKING WOMBSHIT" as well?

And Tomb Raider? I know this animated series isn't a remake, but did it even need to be made the first time? People are clamoring for a Lara Croft for our generation?

All this from the dude who said "Hell, I haven’t seen SPIDER-MAN 2 yet." Because somehow the original Spidey was worse than Tomb Raider???

0 comments: