11 May 2007

Watch out for that croco-duck!

Interesting. I knew Kirk Cameron was a crazy person, but I thought he was at least a passable child actor back in the day. I mean, Mike Seaver was painfully stupid; it takes a lot of effort to play down that far. Just look at the quality of actor it's taken to play Lennie in the two theatrical releases of Of Mice and Men: Lon Chaney, Jr. might best be remembered for the old Universal horror-fests, but he was quite an accomplished thespian; and I think John Malkovich's oeuvre speaks for itself.

Now, I realize he was just being himself.

My goodness, he's a moron. But hey, don't take my word for it. See for yourself.

Slate's Troy Patterson hoped for some revelations, but felt quite let down.

In Cameron's introductory remarks at the debate - which can be seen at something like its full and numbing length at abcnews.go.com - he coolly claimed that "the existence of God can be proven 100 percent, absolutely without the use of faith." First, I grew excited at this promise, then began to wonder why no theologian, philosopher, or sitcom star in recorded history had done it before - Thomas Aquinas, Immanuel Kant, Tina Yothers, whoever - and realized I was in for a letdown.

0 comments: