19 July 2008

The Dark Knight: No wonder he sleeps during meetings

Finally recovering from a couple of rough days and not enough sleep. For those who don't know, I saw the 3:15am IMAX showing of The Dark Knight on Friday morning. Since I had to do my Burn Notice recap for Pop Critics Thursday night (read it here) I only managed to squeeze in a paltry 2½ hours before getting up at the ungodly hour of 1:30.

Mike, who co-runs Pop Critics, had put together the little group of us who went. It was my first time meeting the guys, and I was happy to find them as funny and pleasant in person as they are online. The movie is...a masterpiece.

The four of us wrote up our first impressions (definitely not reviews) a little later that morning and Mike compiled them. I think they're worth a look-see.

First off, I didn’t think they could pull off introducing Robin without jumping the shark, but Christopher Nolan proved me wrong again. And I don’t know if she did her own stunts or not, but it really looked like Dakota Fanning was wearing the green domino and hopping around in those fight scenes...
Read the rest of my mini-thoughts on Robin, Christopher Nolan, and TDK along with those of Mike, The Trousered Ape, and The Cap'n at Pop Critics.

4 comments:

mikeo75 said...

Yup, it was a blast, a good time by all, and I too was shocked by the introduction of Robin.

Also, nice car, and thanks for writing the Burn Notice and getting no sleep because of it.

So, no Disqus anymore?

R.A. Porter said...

The first time someone posted a comment *around* Disqus (presumably because they weren't running Javascript) was all the convincing I needed to go back to plain vanilla Blogger comments.

I like the Disqus features; I just don't like the loose integration.

mikeo75 said...

Ah...I didn't even think about that happening.

I should change my template so that people see a notice that they need javascript enabled.

Angie Pansey said...

Gah...must...see...

How've you been?!

Told you I'd be back one day...