31 July 2008

FSW: Spider

This week's topic, as chosen by Michael, is procrastination. Oddly enough, I didn't wait until the last minute to write this. I'm sure you can't tell based on its quality, however. A couple items of note: 

  • There were enough scene changes in here that trying to format as anything but a screenplay was irritating and hard to follow, so I did that and exported a pdf. If you can't see the Scribd plugin below, please let me know in comments and I'll gen a text version as well. If you like the way the Scribd plugin works for things like this, let me know that in comments. I might start using it for the occasional posting.
  • If y'all couldn't guess, I'm joking here. Tom Kelly is a frakin' hero to me, as are all the engineers who worked on Apollo, Gemini, and Mercury. I recommend his book Moon Lander: How We Developed the Apollo Lunar Module if engineering and project management are at all interesting to you.
  • Jim McDivitt and Rusty Schweickart flew LM-3, callsign Spider, in low Earth orbit while CM Pilot Dave Scott remained in Gumdrop on the 10-day Apollo 9 mission. This was the first manned flight of the LM and the little foil and mylar bastard passed with flying colors. (I'm exaggerating about its construction, again.)
  • Next week's theme is...ah! Yes! In honor of what August 8 is, next week's theme will be DISNEY.

Read this document on Scribd: fsw spider

0 comments: