06 September 2006

I'd Have a Goofy Salute, Too


Photo by: Donald Starr/usopen.org

Mikhail Youzhny had arguably the best day ever for an unseeded player in the Open Era. First, he upset Rafael Nadal in a four-setter. That's a pretty big deal for the Russian, and sets him up for Saturday's semi-final against Andy Roddick. Then, in an even more mind blowing turn of events, he and his partner ¿Leos Friedl? of the Czech Republic ousted the number one tandem of Bob and Mike Bryan!

Of course, it didn't occur to me to record the day session (figured Rafa and James Blake would roll...I'm 1-1 on the day,) so I didn't see the singles match. And it doesn't occur to anyone to bother showing doubles on the tube, so I missed that as well. Oh well. I'll see his match on Saturday, at least.

0 comments: