24 August 2006

Thank you! Come again!

Punit Shablok has opened a new restaurant in the northern Mumbai suburb of Navi Mumbai. If it weren't for the 18 hours of airflight, I'd probably rush right over there for a meal "From Small Bites to Mega Joys". I mean, "pastries, pizza and salad" may not sound different to you, but Punit's really found a way to stand out.

Hitler's Cross will certainly stand out. As Punit says, "We are not promoting Hitler. But we want to tell people we are different in the way he was different."

"This place is not about wars or crimes, but where people come to relax and enjoy a meal," said restaurant manager Fatima Kabani, adding that they were planning to turn the eatery's name into a brand with more branches in Mumbai.
If there's one thing Adolf Hitler knew, it was the power of expanding. Once the restaurant Anschluss is over, there will be branches all over Mumbai, their ovens running 24-7 to keep up with demand.

Hmm. Quick poll: was that last bit too over the top? Really? I mean, I didn't open the fucking Hitler-themed restaurant!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have a few reservations about the place.
Do they have any pork dishes?
Is it liquid or bar soap in the restrooms?
If they have lamps, are the shades hard plastic or some sort of fabricky material?
Hmmmmm...

R.A. Porter said...

And I worried I was over the top with my oven comment. :)