15 October 2007

ARTC Radio Sound-pictures

I found a great site the other day: the Atlantic Radio Theater Company, which produces original, old-style radio drama. I was first excited to see they've got a production of Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth, recorded back in '04, featuring Harlan Ellison. If you've never heard Uncle Harlan do a dramatic performance you've missed out. He's got amazing presence and fantastic control over his vocal talent.

I was also intrigued to see there's a "2001 Dragon*Con performance of Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett, adapted for audio by David Benedict, featuring John Rhys-Davies as Lupine Wonse." Since sme and I were indirectly discussing Pratchett in comments this weekend, I thought it quite apropos.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through one of the usual convoluted link-leads-to-link internet paths. :) And since I see you like TP, AND you live in AZ, I was wondering if you'd yet heard of the North American Discworld Convention that will be held in Phoenix in 2009. If you're interested, there's some info up on www.nadwcon.org. Cheers!