09 October 2007

Rejection: Official

Woohoo. Well, it's official. WB rejected me.

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for applying to the Warner Bros. Television Writer's Workshop. After careful evaluation and consideration of the hundreds of scripts we received, we are unable to include your submission(s) in the final round.

We wish you well in all of your future writing endeavors and thank you again for your interest in the workshop.
Now some might feel a little down by this seeming form letter, but if you look closely you'll see the very personal touch.
  • "Dear Applicant". That's right. I'm not just some random applicant, I'm dear to them.
  • Note that they carefully evaluated scripts. They weren't haphazard about it.
  • Also see how they try to pretend they don't know how many scripts I submitted to the program? Those kidders!
Next year.

5 comments:

Beckylooo said...

Bummer dude. There's always Disney...

R.A. Porter said...

That's what I'm hoping for. Besides, WB was a pain. I was going to have to leave work early every Wednesday to fly to Burbank for three months.

I'll keep telling myself that and I'm sure it'll feel better soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Rich..

Congrats on applying and the work that went into it...Hope all is well..

Pasta Fasoole,

John

R.A. Porter said...

I was so sad, even the Iguana 2000 couldn't cheer me up.

Michele / akkasha said...

I am so sorry to hear about the rejection. Then again, WB seems to be pretty weird. So I suspect you are better off not dealing with them.

Hope it will work for something else.