16 October 2007

"Do we look like a bunch of zapheads to you"?

This might be the funniest McSweeney's story in months. "From the 'Forum' Section of Welding Enthusiast Magazine", by Danny Wind:

It was a beautiful summer day, and I was out in the park, surrounded by happy picnickers, welding a copper lap joint with my Lincoln CV-305/LF-72. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, who should walk up to me but "Dandy Don" Meredith.

"That's some nice-looking work you're doing there," Don said to me. "I used to do a bit of welding myself, back in the day. What is that, a metal inert-gas welder?"
There's a little drop off from the heights of the first entry to the third, but still good stuff.

Don't deprive yourself. Click through for the Dandy Dan payoff. You know you want to...

0 comments: