02 October 2007

Damn that Batman!


I haven't been forced to take a Myers-Briggs in years. And that wasn't even my fault, I swear. Some people had trouble dealing with my manager, so we had to do some group dynamics crap for two or three days. Mind you, I got along great with my manager. He was a competent, brash, insensitive MIT grad. That team need much more brutality from above, crying from below.

Anyway, I believe the last time I took the M-B I came out as an INTP. I retook one online this morning to see if I've changed. I haven't. Then I checked my results against The REAL Myers-Briggs Personality Types Made Relevant:

The Egghead
The typical INTP is a logical, abstract thinker whose intellect is ideally suited to understanding pure mathematics, linguistics, formal logic theory, and other pursuits unsuited to making a real living. The INTP can often understand even the most subtle nuances of lattice quantum chromodynamics, but cannot perform more concrete tasks such as dressing himself, operating a motor vehicle, or opening a door. An INTP may be able to tell you how to construct a nuclear reactor from a coconut and two pieces of string, but may be completely incapable of fixing a hole in a boat.
While I'm pretty strongly typed as INT, I only weakly express a preference between Perceiving/Judging. So if one more of you bastids pisses me off, I'm likely to become the outside contractor and build that damn Death Star.

via Mind Hacks

0 comments: